Do Celebrities Have Golden Eggs?

Several months ago, I was in the midst of an egg donor consult with a couple in their 40’s, and we started talking about celebrities having babies in their mid- to late-forties. I asked the female partner if she believed the fabulously beautiful 47-year-old movie star who was recently in the news, used her own… View Article


It is humbling to put into perspective that even among fertile couples who have no issues getting pregnant, they only have a 20% chance of achieving pregnancy any given month they try.  In other words, they are unsuccessful 80% of the time!  This is what we see when we look at the success of thousands… View Article


Throughout the history of in vitro fertilization (IVF), reproductive specialists have tried to recreate the environment inside the body as closely as possible. With the introduction of a new generation of incubators, we are one step closer to achieving this goal. This state-of-the-art technology involves using a low-oxygen incubator until the embryo is transferred. This approach… View Article

Will You Tell Family & Friends You Used Egg or Sperm Donation

Telling your family and friends that you are infertile and going through the roller coaster of IVF may not be a walk in the park, but most people are fairly open with their infertility struggles. When they move to egg or sperm donation, however, many people become a lot more private and may not even be… View Article

intrauterine insemination iui
The Birth and History of IVF

You may be surprised to learn that the “birth” of in vitro fertilization (IVF) is not of this century but began centuries prior in the 1800’s.  The story of IVF may sound like it’s written for a science-fiction novel but in truth it is well documented in prestigious medical journals dating back before our time…. View Article

one or two? The Debate On Single Embryo Transfer

There’s been a lot of press the past few weeks about single embryo transfer.  Single embryo transfer is not anything that’s new. Europeans have been advocating single embryo transfer for almost a decade. In The USA, around 10% of IVF cycles utilize single embryo transfer. My OB colleagues who deliver babies would agree that the… View Article

The Psychological Impact of Infertility On Your Well-Being

One of the most challenging aspects of the infertility experience is dealing with the emotional ups and downs relating to medical treatment, the uncertainty about outcomes, and the challenge of having to make important decisions.  Infertility can be one of the most distressing life crises that a couple experiences together.  The inability to conceive a… View Article

What does IVF Success Rates mean for you?

Every fertility center in the United States is required by law to report their IVF Success Rates to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).  The CDC takes three years to collect the data for each year’s cycles.  This is because the outcome of pregnancies is not immediately known.  Additionally, analyzing data and preparing… View Article

Newtrieval – RMANJ’s NEW Patient-Friendly IVF Procedure Technique

Newtrieval is a new friendly IVF procedure technique developed at Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey (RMANJ) for patients who have a history of side effects from general anesthesia, are contraindicated for general anesthesia or prefer to be awake during the Vaginal Oocyte Retrieval (VOR) procedure.  Newtrieval is a new process for vaginal oocyte retrieval… View Article

You Are Not Alone – Infertility Support

Even for our advanced species, reproduction is a biological imperative. For most of us, we need to have children and build families. It is hard-wired into our DNA. Since the beginning of recorded time, men and women have been yearning for pregnancy, babies, and families. I have always found it comforting to know that I am never… View Article

How will the Affordable Care Act (ACA) affect infertility benefits?

If you’re an infertility patient in New Jersey and wondering how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) better known as “Obamacare” will affect your current infertility benefits or access to future infertility care, you’re not alone. With the affirmation of the ACA in 2010 and launch of the new public insurance exchanges on October 1, 2013… View Article

New Jersey Infertility Insurance Mandate

Out of the 50 states in the United States, there are only 15 that have any sort of mandate for infertility insurance coverage.  The mandate in each state is different, so do your research about your state’s laws and whether the mandates apply to your employer. New Jersey’s Mandate:  Insurance policies that cover more than… View Article

Fostering Resiliency During Fertility Treatment

What is ‘resiliency’? According to the American Psychological Association, resiliency is “the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or significant sources of stress — such as family and relationship problems, serious health problems or workplace and financial stressors. It means “bouncing back” from difficult experiences”. Resiliency is not ‘a… View Article

The Benefits of SelectCCS Comprehensive Chromosome Screening

Comprehensive Chromosome Screening (CCS) is a type of preimplantation genetic screening that evaluates all 23 pairs of human chromosomes in search of any abnormalities (aneuploidy).  Aneuploidy is the term used to describe any embryo with either too many or too few chromosomes. Greater than 60% of miscarriages are caused by chromosomal abnormalities, with increased incidence… View Article

genetic testing dna
When is it safe for PGD to be performed on an embryo?

“PGD performed on an embryo at the Blastocyst Stage(Day5)  is safer than DNA sampling done on Cleavage Stage (Day3) embryos,” says Dr. Paul Bergh, MD, FACOG. Pre-Genetic Diagnosis or PGD is a technique that enables people to look at the genetic make-up of an embryo prior to implantation. It can help individuals with a specific inheritance… View Article

measures of success
New Embryo Screening Technique Results in Improved Safety and Chance for Success in IVF

Recently announced results of a newly released IVF study shows that delaying embryonic screening for chromosomal abnormalities until the fifth day of development – the blastocyst stage – significantly improved implantation rates and led to more successful pregnancies. The study was published online in the June edition of Fertility & Sterility. While many IVF patients… View Article

Dr. Richard Scott on Diagnosis and Treatment of Recurrent Miscarriages

Listen to Dr. Ricahrd Scott on blogtalkradio speak to Dawn Davenport of Creating a Family on Diagnosis and Treatment of Recurrent Miscarriages. Dawn Davenport is the Executive Director and member of Creating a Family’s Board. Creating a Family is 501(c)(3) nonprofit providing education and support for infertility and adoption. They don’t promoter infertility treatment, or adoption, or any particular type of… View Article

Questions To Ask Your Insurance Carrier About Your Infertility

Even though New Jersey is one of the 15 states that has passed a mandate with regards to infertility insurance, it does not mean your in-vitro fertilization (IVF) is automatically covered. Why is this?


A new reproductive technology used with single-embryo transfer (SET) is helping fertility specialists achieve more pregnancies with fewer miscarriages. Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of Philadelphia is offering SET with comprehensive chromosome screening (CCS), especially for patients ages 35 or older, or with multiple unsuccessful in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles or miscarriages. The new test helps confirm that… View Article

Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey (RMANJ) and RMA Genetics is pleased to announce that Dr. Nathan Treff is the recipient of Bonei Olam’s 2013 Scientific Achievement Award

Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey (RMANJ) and RMA Genetics is pleased to announce that Dr. Nathan Treff is the recipient of Bonei Olam’s 2013 Scientific Achievement Award.  The award recognizes Dr. Treff’s contributions to the Bonei Olam mission and his significant achievements in reproductive medicine.  Bonei Olam is an international, non-profit organization dedicated to… View Article

Our Youtube
Our Facebook
Back to toparrow_drop_up